As strange as this question sounds, it is important to know—who you are and what you do for your customers, not what you think you do for them. Perception and impression is the secret ingredient in business success and a unique brand. Think about it:
• Starbucks sells coffee. It promises a safe gathering spot, community and inspiration.
• Nike sells shoes. It promises excellence in sports and life.
Success comes from the creation of a strong attachment—emotionally and/or practically. Answer these 5 questions to help you understand the emotions of your brand.
1. What is it that attracts your customers to you? Better not to guess, ask them.
2. Why are you doing what you do? Take time here, this is an important one to answer honestly and completely. This can be the emotional connection that brings customers to your door.
3. List the benefits your customer will receive from using your product or service? Remember, this is not the features of your product such as the color or size. Benefits are what your product or service does that no one else can do.
4. Using a global perspective or bigger vision to answer, what will your customers achieve by using your product?
5. How do your customers “feel” doing business with you?
So, are you in the business you thought you were?
“The road to happiness lies in two simple principles; find what interests you and that you can do well, and put your whole soul into it – every bit of energy and ambition and natural ability you have.” ~John D. Rockefeller~
Have a great day in whatever your adventure,