Courage Under Fire:
How To Deliver Bad News In A Good Way
Available as Keynote or Workshop
Do you have to deliver bad news and are tired of being surprised at other people’s behavior, and wishing you just knew why people do what they do?
Did you know NEVER SAY “CALM DOWN” to someone who is out of control!?
That’s like waving a red tablecloth in front of a raging bull!
As budgets tighten, layoffs happen, and higher productivity is expected, tempers inevitably flare, especially when we have to be the bearer of bad news. Learn when to communicate (or not), and how to save yourself through verbal and nonverbal self-defense when handling volatile people and information. Master a calm presence in the face of conflict and crisis.
Learn how to eloquently communicate your ideas and opinions, so people trust you, believe you… including respond in your favor even in the midst of conflict; even deliver bad news and not have it stick to you…
Attendees will learn:
- How to identify the dynamics of difficult situations and people
- How to rise above excuses and complaining in the midst of change
- How to advocate your point of view and deliver bad news without harming your relationships
- How to spot when things are getting emotional and make it safe again
- How to talk to the deciding mind to find the real truth about their feelings
Your Organizations Return On Investment
- Create a culture for teamwork emphasizing being the best team, and everyone coming out on top.
- Building a positive, upbeat working environment that promotes achievement
- Becoming a more focused and goal-oriented team with less drama
- Improving moralé by becoming “can do” people that avoid the pitfalls of teamwork
For more info Email Sharon using this link.
Other Workshop Topics:
PITs: The Three Variables to Good Teamwork
How To Get Things Done By Team or Committee
Instant IQ and the Nonverbal Secrets of Persuasion
How To Deal With Difficult People
Cash Conversation: How To Talk To The Deciding Mind