A passing comment by my friend, Stephen, made me stop and think… It was a brilliant insight.
“What’s here that doesn’t need to be here? What’s not here, that needs to be here?”
We were talking about how we would train wait-staff about clutter on a restaurant table, but imagine the implications if you applied that insight to any problem…
– Is there physical, mental, and emotional clutter just hanging around?
– Are you holding on to ideas that no longer serve a purpose?
– Do you feel disorganized at work – physically, emotionally, and mentally?
Mind-clutter- things, ideas, and emotions that are blocking you from your potential.
1. Identify the essential. What is important?
2. Identify what to eliminate. What’s not essential?
3. Recognize the impacts of both essential and eliminate.
4. Let go.
5. Create strategies to stay de-cluttered.
“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” ~Albert Einstein
Have a great day whatever your adventure.
To Success! To Life!