You just never know...
I know its Friday afternoon, but I’ve been meaning to share the coolest thing. Tuesday on Beyond Lip Service (my radio show,) my guest Melissa Zollo kept getting disconnected, no matter what we did. Yup, one of many of a live radio show host’s worst nightmares…. Luckily, I’ve been an entrepreneur long enough to know always have Plan B.
Plan B was actually “Plan G” or my good friend and colleague Gary Phillips from www.artofsafety.ca. We had done a couple of pre-recorded shows to fill-in for my travels to meet my fall speaking schedule. I had to hit the Play button on one of the “canned” shows….
What is so cool and my reason for saying “you just never know…” is that one of the listeners needed to hear “that canned shop,” Gary’s and my show on Well-formed Goals. Since it was prerecorded, I had time to Live Chat with her and we typed back and forth on how to apply the Secrets of Well-Formed Goals to her current situation. She was very grateful that show was just what she needed to hear, even though she had logged on to hear the power of imagination and storytelling…
Pretty cool guys, you just never know how you will show up and be needed and how you are to be of service in the world. I just love that when that happens….
The 6 Secrets to Well-formed Goals:
1. Must be stated in the Positive: What do you want? Not the whys you don’t want it…
2. Sensory Specific: How will I recognize when you have this? How will you know when you have this?
3. The Context: Where and when do you want to have this goal? Where and when do you not want this goal?
4. Self achievable: It is very important that the outcome must be within their own sphere of influence, namely something you have control over. What resources do you need to be able to achieve this? What do you need to do to achieve this? Is this something which you, yourself, can achieve? Or does it require that another person or people behave in a certain way?
5. Ecological: The advantages and the disadvantages. There are always disadvantages in making a change – being alert to these keeps the person `at cause’ by making it their choice. What are the advantages of making this change? What are the disadvantages of making this change? What will achieving this lose you? Become?
6. Worthwhile: The motivation question: which of your values will be fulfilled by achieving this outcome – the benefits. What’s important to you about getting this? What will this outcome help you avoid feeling? What is the benefit of this outcome?
Have a great day whatever your adventure!
To Success! To Life!